Becoming Immune to “Haters”
Haters are people who actively hate something or someone. They are generally public about their hatred, and usually post anonymously online. Being on the receiving end of a hater’s vitriol can be hurtful, frustrating and even devastating. It can certainly disrupt and negatively affect a person’s work and productivity. Unfortunately, the vast majority of haters are not going to change unless they experience some kind of transformative self-development. This means your power lies in your own perspective rather than in the power of persuasion.
Considering the fact that way we feel affects everything we experience in our lives: the decisions we make; the action we take; the way we eat; how productive we are; the opportunities we’re aware of; the way we communicate; the image we give to others; the way we respond to challenges… and so much more, feeling good is a priority.
Two Key Facts about Feeling Bad after a Haters Attack:
- Feeling bad – whether you’re angry, hurt, frustrated, shocked, sad, anxious, resentful, indignant, or any other negative emotional state – will not have any effect at all on the hater. That person is not receiving what you are feeling. Only you are experiencing that feeling.
- While you are feeling bad about what the hater said, your body is in a “fight, freeze or flight” state – this means that the same stress chemicals that flood your system when you are in physical danger are flooding your system while you are feeling that emotion. And the longer you feel bad, the longer that physical emergency state will last. This state of emergency affects your organs, your immune system, your digestion, your cognitive thinking, and so much more.
These two facts mean that while you are feeling bad in response to a hater, you are effectively continuing to attack yourself long after they have moved on. Your emotional state has no effect on them, but it causes physical damage to you as well as affecting your decisions, behaviors and productivity.
Taking this into account, it is a top priority to be able to get out of that negative emotional state as quickly as possible.
You can use the FasterEFT technique to overcome the effects of haters in two ways. It will help you to get over the emotional response in the moment, bringing your body back into balance; and since it changes the original records held in your subconscious, it will help you to no longer be affected by those events in the future.
Think about whatever it was that bothers you – what the haters said, how they said it, whatever it is – and notice how you feel. Notice where you feel that feeling in your body, and how strong it is.
– Between your eyebrows – “I release and let it go.”
– Beside your eye – “It’s okay to let this go now.”
– Under your eye – “It’s safe to let this go now.”
– Just below your collarbone – “I don’t need it anymore, and I’m safe as I’m letting it go.”
Grab your wrist, take a deep breath, blow it out, and say “Peace” then go to a peaceful memory. Enjoy the feeling of your peaceful memory for a moment.
Go back to the incident that bothered you, and notice how it’s changed. Notice what is still left. Then repeat Steps Two through Four until the bad feelings have completely changed.
While you are going through the process, you may find that certain memories and other thoughts come to you – tap on them as well. Even if they seem to have nothing to do with your current guilt, the reason they are coming to you is because they are connected in some way in your subconscious records. Make sure that all negative feelings are replaced with positive ones, and that all memories havebefore you stop.
Continue to use this process whenever anything comes up that bothers you – use it in the moment. If you are unable to tap physically, use thetechnique. The more you do this, the more you’re cleaning out the old connections – and the less you will be bothered by haters or anything else.
For more information on how and why FasterEFt works visit:.
For more guidance on using the technique visit: Tips on Using FasterEFT.
To see others benefiting from FasterEFT watch the videos in the FasterEFT in Action Playlist.
How To Respond To Negative People Without Being Negative